Smoke Alarm Detector
- Smoke alarms should be maintained according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Test smoke alarms at least once a month using the “Test” button.
- Make sure everyone in the building understands the sound of the smoke alarm and knows how to respond.
- Follow manufacturer’s instructions for cleaning to keep smoke alarms working.
- The instructions are included in the package or can be found on the internet.
- Smoke alarms need a new battery at least once a year. If the alarm chirps, warning the battery is low, replace the battery right away.
Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Test CO alarms at least once a month using the “Test” button to ensure it is drawing electrical power. It will emit high-pitched, loud beeping, usually louder than a smoke detector. During this test it will also speak to you.
- Make sure everyone instagramviewer in the home understands the sound of the CO detector and knows how to respond.
- If the audible trouble signal sounds, check for low batteries and replace. If it still sounds, call the fire department.